BRAND NEW THIS YEAR!
The Skills Learning Centre
In the Skills Learning Centre (Hall 2), delegates will have the opportunity to look, learn, ask questions, and use material used for procedures under the tutelage of experts in the field. This new activity is presented in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere during which delegates can talk with experts and ask an array of questions related to the practice of interventions in patients with liver disease.
In addition, the Skills Learning Centre will increase the awareness of diagnostic and therapeutic techniques and offer delegates the possibility of examining their knowledge and skills. The Skills Learning Centre will be open at specific times during the general opening hours of the congress.
The Skills Learning Centre is composed of 3 areas:
- Non-invasive diagnostic methods
- Invasive methods: evaluation and procedures
- Emerging therapies
There are 4 opening times during which, delegates can sign up to meet with experts in the field and learn more about specific skills or procedure. All 3 areas of the Skills Learning Centre run in parallel within each time-slot.
Designated procedures will showcase:
Non-invasive diagnostic methods
- Ultrasound and contrast-enhanced ultrasound
Fabio Piscaglia, Italy
- Focal liver lesions and ultrasound guided-interventions
- Bedside ultrasound (echoscopy) in hepatology
- Doppler ultrasound in portal hypertension and liver transplantation
- Elastography, Rob de Knegt, The Netherlands
Invasive methods: evaluation and procedures
- Hepatic Hemodynamics and TIPS
Pierre-Emmanuel Rautou, France and Virginia Hernandez-Gea, Spain
Andres Cardenas, Spain
Andrea de Gottardi, Switzerland
- Bioartificial liver assist
Rajiv Jalan, United Kingdom
- SX-Ella Danis stent
Angels Escorsell, Spain
All 3 areas of the Skills Learning Centre run in parallel within each time-slot.
Access is limited to 50 pre-registered delegates per slot.
Please register on-site.
|Ad||van der Meer|